Apple always builds all kinds of hidden things into their stuff. Today I had to sign a contract. The contract was sent over as a PDF. I really didn’t want to print it, sign it, and mail or fax it back or rescan it and email it back. I don’t have a scanner and I don’t have a printer. I started playing with Preview and it turns out, it’s built in now. This is available in Lion.
- Open the PDF that needs a signature with Preview.
- Click the Annotate tab to display the annotate toolbar.
- Select the Signature button.
- If you do not have a signature loaded already, click Create Signature from Built-In iSight…. If you already have one loaded, skip to step 7
- In the Signatures tab, click Create Signature…
- Sign your name to a white piece of paper and hold it up to your iSight camera.
- Click Accept when your signature is positioned correctly inside the preview area.
- With the Signature button selected (it should be blue), click and drag where you want to place your signature.